'Bambooville 2' To be Removed from UF's Campus
A man's unauthorized construction of bamboo structures on the University of Florida's campus has not sit well with the school.
Now, he has only two options: haul the bamboo off or they will.
'Bambooville 2' has been on campus for close to a year but UF officials have just learned of its existence.
Jon Anderson has built on the campus before and UF removed the bamboo.
Anderson says he wishes the university handled this differently.
"We never had a meeting where we sat down and said look, this is the problem and let's talk about solutions to it. That never occurred," said Anderson.
Anderson says he will start breaking down 'Bambooville 2' tomorrow.
He doesn't plan on building on campus again and is looking for community support to build 'Bambooville 3.'
- Florida Universities Want to Remove Animal Researchers' Names From Public Records Requests
- Man Attacked on UF's Campus
- Students React to Sexual Battery on UF's Campus
- New Plans for Historic Newell Hall on University of Florida Campus
- Fraternity To Be Closed Immediately on University of Florida Campus
- Debris From Debby Continues to Plague Live Oak Streets
- Democratic Chair Steps Down 'While Party is Strong'
- Thousands of Bees Removed from Woman's Home
- University of Florida Scientists Help in 'God Particle' Search
- Three Arrested in Connection to Stabbing on UF Campus