Belleview Drug Bust Leads to Nine Arrests
Published February 21st, 2014
MARION COUNTY- Residents in the Belleview Ridge Estates neighborhood... Are only breathing a partial sigh of relief after a Thursday night drug bust led to 9 arrests.
Two of the three accused ringleaders are back on the streets this evening.
Sylvester and Sharla Welcome both bonded out of jail this morning after arrests on charges stemming from the sale of crack cocaine.
Neighbors we spoke to say their drug activity is anything but welcome in the neighborhood
A concerned neighbor who wishes to remain unidentified says, "it's like Wendy's drive thru, you know except i knew they weren't selling girl scout cookies."
Investigators with the Unified Drug Enforcement Strike Team (UDEST) came out with more than 35 grams of drugs ranging from crack and powder cocaine to marijuana, prescription pills, 3 guns, and nearly 4 thousand dollars in cash.
After the warrant was served strike team investigators were able to arrest an additional six people who arrived at the address to purchase drugs.
As of Friday night, Daniel Harshman, the third suspected drug dealer is still in the Marion County Jail on a $30,000 bond.
- Nine Arrested in Bradford County Undercover Rx Pill Bust
- Traffic Stop Leads To Drug Bust
- Prostitution Bust in Southeast Gainesville Leads to Four Arrests
- Grow House Bust leads to Four Arrest
- Search Warrants Lead to Arrests and Drug Seizures
- Four Arrested In Alachua Co. Drug Bust
- Six People Arrested In Levy County Drug Bust
- Meth House Busted In Belleview
- A Stroll Through One Belleview Neighborhood Ends in Animal Abuse Arrest
- Two Suspects Arrested in Connection to Belleview Shooting