Climb for Cancer
GAINESVILLE-About 100 riders got together to fight against cancer at the San Felasco Park on Saturday morning. The fundraiser was organized by "Climb for Cancer," a foundation in Gainesville created to help ease the pain and suffering of those affected by cancer. All the money raised today will go to the oncology programs at UF Health Shands.
"It’s a fun event. It's a great event for people to come out. They get a chance to go on trails here in San Felasco Park that most people can't get on. So you see a little bit of a different scenery here and everybody has a great time," said Diane and Ron Farb who are co-founders of “Climb for Cancer.”
The Alachua County Sheriff's office help put the event together. This is the fourth year the event takes place.This year they hope to raise more than $5,000 in donations.
- Climb for Cancer
- Gainesville firefighters climb stairs in memory of fallen comrades
- Canopy Climbers - Not Your Average Tree Climbing
- Child Climbs Out Of Sinkhole
- Organization breaks down boundaries one climb at a time
- Climbing for a Cure
- Stop Children's Cancer Raises Awareness for Pediatric Cancer
- Bear Climbs Up Tree for the Second Time
- Firefighter climbs stair machine to honor fallen comrades
- Medical Spotlight: Childhood Cancer