Eastside Students Score High in Math Competition
GAINESVILLE - A group of high school students win international honors in a prestigious math competition.
A team of Eastside High School students earned the highest possible ranking of "outstanding" in the 16th annual international high school mathematical contest in modeling competition.
The group of four seniors spent 36 hours answering an open-ended math problem with other students from around the world.
More than 580 teams from 131 schools submitted solutions. Only eight teams internationally earned the "outstanding" distinction.
"It's an amazing feeling, a lot of the schools that we competed against, we looked them up and they are really strong focus in science and math, and to think that eastside high school has such a wide variety of students who have the time and dedication to do this is amazing," said Apara Agarwal, a competitor from Eastside High School.
The teams begin preparation for the contest months in advance.
- Eastside High school student earns perfect score on ACT
- Five Eastside High School Students Win Nasa's Student Astronaut Challenge
- Buchholz High School student earns perfect SAT score
- Bell's Austin Ritchey Wins High School Play of the Year Competition!
- Local High School Bands Make It To State Competitions
- Eastside High Student Honors Boston Bombing Victims at Prom
- Eastside High Students Behind The Chopping Board
- Eastside High student named U.S. Presidential Scholar
- Alachua County Students Score High on SAT
- Eastside High School's Soulfest Brings Down the House