Former Employee Claims Paramount Plaza Hotel Fired Her For Speaking Up About Bed Bugs
GAINESVILLE - A former employee at the Paramount Plaza Hotel in Gainesville is speaking out tonight after she claims she was fired for speaking up about bed bugs.
Venessa Simmons was fired in October of last year.
She says managers were tired of listening to her when she complained about the alleged bed bug problem at the hotel.
While she never had contact with the bugs herself...she said she got many customer complaints.
Attorney Eric Jones says the lawsuit is being filed because they believe the company violated the whistleblower act when Simmons tried to speak up.
Venessa Simmons, former housekeeper: "that's something I could take back to my kids, that's something the guests could take back. People travel here all the time. People should be safe."
We did contact the local manager at the Paramount...but he said their parent company in Boca Raton would have to comment.
The lawsuit will be filed in court this week.
- Bed Bug Problem at Gainesville Hotel
- Kamrie Mitchell is Missing: Her Family Speaks about the Search
- New report confirms complaints about former VA employee
- Former player speaks about man dead after fireworks accident
- New Cost Effective Bed Bug Trap Developed by UF Research Labs
- Bed Bug Population on the Rise
- Don't Let The Bed Bugs Bite
- Bed Bug Infestation In Northeast Gainesville Apartment
- New Website Offers Tips on Bed Bug Prevention and Control for Students
- Don't Let the Bed Bugs Keep Biting!