House Fire Investigation Underway
Published February 19th, 2014
GAINESVILLE-Firefighters are investigating a fire that destroyed a Gainesville home last night.
A father and his 11 year old son were taken to the hospital after suffering first and second degree burns
The fire didn't spark in the kitchen or the living room but in one of the three bedrooms in the house at 4601 NW 29th Terrace.
From there it spread throughout the home and into the attic.
People who witnessed the fire say it's a wonder no one was killed.
Landlord, Richard Mark says, "we were shocked, we were shocked and we were very concerned about the family living here. We understand the father had smoke inhalation he was taken to the hospital. Now the son one of the sons was injured enough to get the hospital, had some burns."
Firefighters tell us the father and son non- life- threatening injuries.
Fire investigators are still working to determine an exact cause of the fire.
Right now they have ruled out the possibility of an electrical or cooking fire
- Officials Investigate Clearwater House Fire
- Lawyer, Private Investigator, Working on Citra House Fire
- Investigation Underway After Dog Mistakenly Killed
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Investigating Second Recent Fire in Apartment
- Four Dead Following House Fire , Fire Not The Cause of Deaths
- Car Fire Leads to House Fire
- Cease-Fire Negotiations Underway in Syria
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- Environmental Officials Investigate Fuel Tank Leak at Marion County Fire Station
- Investigation Shows Fuel Spill at Marion County Fire Rescue Station Larger than First Reported