Levy County Commissioners Make "Monumental," Decision for Local Atheists
Published February 4th, 2014
BRONSON- The Levy County Commission voted unanimously today to deny a proposal to place an atheist monument near the County Courthouse.
A group going by the name of "Williston Atheists," submitted an application that they hoped would be enough to get their monument.
County Coordinator, Fred Moody explains, "the vote was unanimous to deny the application at this time and that was based on the fact that the application in the opinion of our board was not complete, it did not meet all of the guidelines."
Williston Atheists say the claim by commissioners that the application is incomplete is," being used as an excuse to deny it and to placate the majority religious community that opposes it."
- Alachua County Commissioners Make Two Big Decisions
- Atheist Monument Unveiled on Courthouse Lawn
- Two Former Levy County Commissioners Guilty of Bribery Charges
- Alachua County Commissioners Make a Choice about CHOICES
- Levy County Man Arrested for Making a Destructive Device
- Levy County Sheriff Accused of "Egregious" Act
- Levy County Cancels Private "Labor Day Extravaganza" Citing Safety Concerns
- Marion County Firefighters "Pass The Boot", looking to make a difference
- Marion County Sheriff Makes "Bold" Proposal
- "Stuff the Bus" Making It's Way Across Marion County