Rowdy Reptiles Start Social Media Campaign to Bring Justin Timberlake to UF
Published February 4th, 2014
GAINESVILLE -- Students at the University of Florida are trying to attract one of the world's biggest stars to Gainesville using social media.
The Rowdy Reptiles student fan base started a grassroots campaign to get pop star Justin Timberlake to appear at next month's Gator basketball game against Kentucky.
At Tuesday night's basketball game, students dressed up in suits and ties to participate in a flash mob to honor the singer.
Timberlake will end the U.S. leg of his tour in Miami in early March and the Rowdy Reptiles are hoping a social media blitz will help get J.T. to make a stop at the O-Dome.
"We're encouraging people to go on Twitter, go on Instagram, and make some videos about their favorite spot on campus, why you want him to come here," said Rowdy Reptiles president Lucas Dolengowski.
Anyone interested in helping their efforts is asked to post their videos using the Twitter hashtag #BringJT2UF.
Even legendary sportscaster Dick Vitale, who was in town to broadcast the Gator basketball game Tuesday night, jumped on board the Timberlake train.
"He should come on down," said Vitale. "Justin, come on down here man. It's one of my favorites."
The game against Kentucky is scheduled to take place on March 8.
- Social Media's Role During Bombings
- Bill Could Ban Employers From Requesting Employees' Social Media Passwords
- Florida Sex Offenders Using Social Media
- Monitoring Social Media
- Monitoring Social Media Among Teens
- E-Commerce and Social Media Sites Identified as Tools in Sex Sting Operation
- "Anti-Social" Media? Part 1
- "Anti-Social" Media? Part 2
- Bring Some Warmth Campaign
- Putting the Rowdy in Reptiles