Some Teacher Scores Based on Subjects They Never Taught
NORTH CENTRAL FLORIDA -The scores were released after a lawsuit but leaders say many of those teacher scores are based on subjects they don't even teach.
Now the Florida Department of Education allows districts to create tests so teachers are assesed on subjects they actually teach.
But the VAM scores before that new rule were given to teachers whether or not their students took the FCAT.
Jackie Johnson, Alachua County Schools: "75% of teachers in Alachua County received VAM scores for students they don't teach, subjects they don't teach or both."
A positive VAM score shows student achievement improved... and a negative score shows achievement didn't rise as expected.
- Teacher's Pay Raise Merit Based
- Gainesville Based Optym Celebrates Expansion
- Faith-Based Prisons
- Customer Base Growing at one North Central Florida Farmers Market
- Never Too Young To Learn How To Swim
- Local Dog Diagnosed With Rare Condition Never Before Seen in Pets
- War Was Forgotten, But Never the Soldier
- Dispatcher May Never Know What Happens Once they Hang up
- Never Missed a Day of School
- Woman raises money for man she's never met