Tree Trimmers Cast Stones in Customer's Backyard
Gainesville Regional Utilities officials are offering apologies for a crew of contractors caught messing around in a customer's backyard.
A resident sent this video to GRU and city commissioners after he saw these three workers throwing rocks at one another in his backyard.
The resident says the workers also tracked muddy footprints in an enclosed area.
GRU leaders explained the workers were contractors and that they had no affiliation with GRU--but that their actions were still inexcusable.
Here's the full statement from GRU:
"GRU was disappointed to learn of this situation yesterday. As some have already mentioned, the people shown in this video are not GRU employees; rather, they are crews contracted by GRU to perform tree trimming services. GRU does not tolerate this sort of behavior under any circumstances and has begun taking steps to address the situation. Here is a rundown of things we have done and will continue to do to ensure that this doesn’t happen again:
- After learning of the incident, GRU worked with the contracted vendor to identify the individuals involved. These workers have already been disciplined by their employer.
- GRU and the contracted vendor have begun meeting with crews to reinforce training and performance standards.
- GRU followed up with the homeowner this morning to update him on our findings and the actions being taken to remedy the situation.
- GRU and the contracted vendor will continue to investigate the incident to determine appropriate actions moving forward.
GRU employees and our contracted crews work very hard to maintain the reliability of our utility systems, along with a high standard of customer service. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and frustration the homeowner experienced. This is an unfortunate situation all around, and we will work diligently to make sure all contractors understand and adhere to our expectations and standards of service in the future."
- GRU and Lowes Offer a Cool Deal for Customers
- GRU Customers Look for Answers and Relief at City Commission Meeting
- With Additional Hikes Looming, GRU Customers Discuss Energy Costs
- Non-profit Group Claims GRU Customers Are Improperly Taxed
- GRU Customer Seeks Refund
- GRU Customers Hopeful For Refund
- GRU Warns Business Customers of Potential Scam
- Ahead of Rate Increases, GRU Customers To See Slight Decline in Next Two Bills
- Biomass Plant is "Commercially Operational," GRU Customers Will Feel Impact this Month
- Newberry's Backyard BBQ Does Dessert