15-Year-Old Dies at Bubba Raceway - Too Young to Be on Track?
OCALA - Family members are now making funeral arrangements for 15-year-old Niokoa Johnson...after she died from her injuries because of a crash at Bubba Raceway in Ocala.
Marion County Sheriff's deputies say the teen crashed into a barrier during a speed trial on Saturday and after being air lifted to UF Health died the next day.
Many are wondering how a kid could get behind the wheel alone, but sheriff's deputies say this is not a criminal investigation
Judge Cochran, Marion County Sheriff's Office: "as apart of our investigation we've determined that no crime has happened there's no statute to the best of our knowledge that prevents a 15-year-old from driving a vehicle on private property at a private business.
We spoke to two people at the track but they said no one who works there was available to speak.
Here's how you can help: https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/8izs8?fb_action_ids=10203302197336365&fb_action_types=fundrazr%253Astory_update&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582
- Report: 15-Year-Old Race Car Driver Broke Neck, Suffered Severe Head Trauma
- Raceway Says 15 Year Old Race Car Driver Died
- 15 Year Old Severely Injured in Raceway Crash
- 15-Year-Old Student Stabbed By 11-Year-Old
- Dontavious Copeland Sentenced in Shooting Death of 15-year-old
- A Special Wish Granted To 15-year-old Boy Brings Him To Disadvantaged Primates
- 15-year-old Gets Underground Tattoo
- Report: Mom finds man having sex with 15-year-old son
- 4-year-old dies after being strangled by 11-year-old, according to deputies
- 17-year-old dies in crash; 19-year-old injured