15 Year Old Severely Injured in Raceway Crash
A 15-year-old girl has been severely injured Saturday night in a crash at Bubba Raceway Park in Ocala.
Marion County Fire Rescue arrived on scene around 6:45 p.m., where witnesses reported the teenager crashed and hit the wall of the race track head on with her race car.
Fire rescue dispatch says a trauma alert was issued for the girl, meaning she has injuries to mutliple organs of her body.
Bubba Raceway Park released on their Facebook page that her name is Niokoa Johnson and she is currently in surgery.
Dispatch tells us she is now at Ocala Regional Medical Center, where they are trying to stabilize her so they can transport her to UF Health Shands.
- 15-Year-Old Dies at Bubba Raceway - Too Young to Be on Track?
- North Florida Regional Medical Center Program Combats Growing Infectious Disease Problem
- Fire Marshal Investigating Several Suspicious Fires in Marion County
- Ocala Fire Rescue: 125 Years of History
- Semi Truck Crash in Marion County Leaves Driver Seriously Injured
- Raceway Says 15 Year Old Race Car Driver Died
- Investigation Shows Fuel Spill at Marion County Fire Rescue Station Larger than First Reported
- Ocala 13 Year Old Charged As Adult, Child Psychologists Weigh In
- The Cancer Center Opens at North Florida Regional Medical Center
- Several Children Injured In I-75 Crash Involving FHP Trooper