Alachua Co. March Of Dimes Raises Close to $660,000
A long "street party" took place this morning celebrating the lives of healthy babies.
Over 6,000 people and 500 teams joined the celebration of babies by participating in the March of Dimes around Gainesville.
The 8.5 mile march is in honor of lives being changed through fundraising efforts in Alachua County.
About $660,000 was raised in this year's march.
The monies raised help fund research to find answers for premature births and various birth defects.
- Alachua County March of Dimes raises money for premature babies
- Rachael Ray $100,000 Adoption Challenge Ends, Makes Alachua Co. History
- Local March Of Dimes Volunteer Honored
- March Of Dimes Health Conference
- Superintendent: school closing will save district nearly $500,000
- Alachua County Commissioners Cut $470,000 from Proposed ASO Budget
- Zika cases in Alachua Co. rise to four, new case in Broward Co.
- Alachua County Employees Will See Pay Raise to "Restore" Pension Contribution
- Vote to raise county minimum wages postponed
- Four Arrested In Alachua Co. Drug Bust