Alachua Co. March Of Dimes Raises Close to $660,000
A long "street party" took place this morning celebrating the lives of healthy babies.
Over 6,000 people and 500 teams joined the celebration of babies by participating in the March of Dimes around Gainesville.
The 8.5 mile march is in honor of lives being changed through fundraising efforts in Alachua County.
About $660,000 was raised in this year's march.
The monies raised help fund research to find answers for premature births and various birth defects.
- Local March Of Dimes Volunteer Honored
- March Of Dimes Health Conference
- "10,000 Homes Initiative" Could Upgrade Homes in Alachua County
- $179,000 Alachua County Jail Study Moves Forward
- Alachua County Commissioners voted to raise taxes. But will residents actually pay less?
- Alachua County Employees Will See Pay Raise to "Restore" Pension Contribution
- Pay Raise Dispute at the Alachua County Jail
- Zaxby's Helps Raise Money For Alachua County Crime Stoppers
- Alachua County Officials Host Event To Raise Awareness About Census
- High Springs Firefighters and Alachua County Appear Close to Agreement