Archer Man Shot Woman After She Kicked Down His Front Door
An early morning home invasion in Archer had a deadly end.
The Alachua County Sheriff's Office says around 2 a.m. this morning, they received a 911 call from Joe McGuire saying a woman was trying to kick down his door.
Three minutes later, deputies arrived on scene to find that McGuire had shot Latreese Monroe in the chest.
She died while being treated at UF Health in Gainesville.
Neighbors described the scene.
"I heard a gunshot. It freaked me out. I heard the older man over there yelling and then when they attempted to put her on the stretcher, she was very uncomfortable and screaming," said witness and neighbor Lauren Frazee.
The Sheriff's Office says McGuire doesn't have a previous criminal record with them but Monroe was a habitual offender.
She's made nine trips to the Alachua County Jail: Twice for battery and once for aggravated assault.
The investigation is still ongoing.
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office Saves Woman from Pasco County
- Alachua County Man in Jail After Firing Shots at Wife's Boyfriend
- Ocala Man Shot Twice by Sheriff's Deputy in Stable Condition
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Tentative Agreement Made Between Alachua County Sheriff's Office and Some of Its Officers
- Marion County Sheriff's Citizens Academy Back After 12 Years
- Another Johnson Steps Down From Levy County Sheriff's Office
- Levy County Sheriff's Office Cracks Down on Career Criminals
- ACSO Lieutenant Under Investigation After He Accidentally Shot His Gun at the Courthouse