'Bus Roadeo' Tests Bus Drivers' Maneuvering Skills
Bus drivers got to show off their moves during the 16th annual Bus Roadeo.
The competition is meant to test the skills of Regional Transit System operators.
Reverses, turns and a simulated bus stop are all part of the obstacle course.
"This event really showcases our safety aspect, how careful our drivers are, as well as their skills in maneuvering the buses around. People can really come out here in future years and view their operators at their best," said Chip Skinner, RTS Marketing & Communications supervisor.
Antonio Cruz placed first place this time around.
Cruz is a four-time winner of the event and has been with RTS for 17 years.
He will be representing Gainesville during the state competion in Daytona Beach in early April.
- RTS Bus And Sheriff's Deputy Car Involved In Crash
- Young men put their skills to the test
- As First Day of School Draws Nearer RTS Warns Drivers to be Careful
- UF And RTS Launch GPS Bus Tracking System
- RTS Bus Route Changes from June 22 to June 30
- Changes to RTS Bus Routes
- RTS Bus Route Changes
- Temporary Changes to RTS Bus Schedules
- RTS Bus Schedule Change
- RTS bus service reduced over college spring break