FDOT Looks Into Roundabout At U.S. 27 & CR 326
"This is a very rural intersection; the speeds are 65 miles an hour. We see accidents here on a regular basis, sometimes several a day," Lewis said.
Lewis said, "And I stumbled upon the fact that U.S. 27 and CR 326 were in a study and that the study stated that we need a roundabout."
"I think with live loads on the horse trailers and the cattle wagons that there is going to be a lot of problems as far as them maneuvering around the roundabout. I think it's going to actually cause more accidents but that's my personal opinion," Freda said.
"We've requested them slow down the speeds, put in warning-- speed bumps coming up to the stop sign, anything! And they keep telling us that the stop sign will increase rear-end collisions... But by the 30 page study from DOT, the roundabout will also most-likely increase rear-end collisions," Lewis said.
- Fatal Car Crash in Marion County
- Man Shot by Gainesville Police Officer During High Speed Car Chase
- High Speed Chase Ends With Car Crash
- Lack of funding for Active Streets, threatens event
- Deputies On The Look Out For Florida-Georgia Game Traffic
- South Florida High Speed Car Chase
- Residents Want Speed Bumps Before Accident Happens
- Message signs going up on I-75 & U.S. 441
- Phony Money In Gainesville & Ocala
- Gainesville Police Officer Chases Speeding Car