Festival Offers Tools for Spring Gardening
The 24th annual Spring Garden Festival kicked off today at Kanapaha Botanical Gardens.
The festival jump-starts the spring gardening season.
Over 150 vendors were set up selling plants, garden accessories and other handy crafts.
While many of the garden's visitors today were plant lovers, others came just for relaxation.
"I think it's good therapy. It's good for anybody. It'll make anybody feel better to come out here and just walk around and see everything. You'll see something different every time you come, said festival worker Lorene Junkin.
This is the largest fundraising event for the gardens.
The festival is expected to raise about $50,000.
- Kanapaha Botanical Garden On Father's Day
- Local Artists Raise Money
- Hogtown Craft Beer Festival Draws Brewers, Enthusiasts
- Spring Arts Festival Helps Fund Scholarships for College Students
- Donations Needed for Tools for Schools in Gainesville
- Special SWAT Tool Saves the Day in Multiple Counties
- Thousands of Dollars Worth of Tools Stolen from Two "Habitat for Humanity" Homes
- E-Commerce and Social Media Sites Identified as Tools in Sex Sting Operation
- K9 Service Dogs Honored with Monument
- Massive Tree Falls Into Apartment Building, Trapping Families Inside