Gatornationals Prep Well Underway at Auto Plus Raceway
GAINESVILLE- March Madness isn’t all about basketball in North Central Florida.
TV20’s Chris Gilmore reports thousands of racing fans are on their way to Gainesville for one of the National Hot Rod Association’s largest events of the year, Gatornationals
Veteran Dragster Terry McMillen says that charm of Gatornationals is simple really, "Been coming here for a quite a few years and the fans I mean we’re in Gator Country on top of all this and we got a gator on the side of our car people love us here, it’s a blast. It’s nothing but a big party atmosphere, but here on Friday Saturday and Sunday it’s all about racing."
Racing Team Crews arrive about 2 days before the main event to set up trailers and hospitality tents.
Some of the teams, like Don Schumacher Racing came with their own industrial kitchen on wheels.
They expect to serve more than 2,000 people this weekend a total of more than 15 thousand dollars worth of food.
- County Commissioners End Fairground Negotiations with Auto Plus Raceway
- 7th annual 'Noche de Gala' prep underway
- Central Florida Office Plus Closing after 56 Years
- Public Land Plus Private Business Equals Sweet Success
- Gainesville Raceway Renamed
- 15 Year Old Severely Injured in Raceway Crash
- Raceway Says 15 Year Old Race Car Driver Died
- 15-Year-Old Dies at Bubba Raceway- Too Young to Be on Track?
- Security at the Raceway
- Raceway Demolition