Lost Marion County Woman and Children Have Been Found
MARION COUNTY -- A Marion County woman and three small children who went missing Tuesday afternoon... have been found. But the circumstances of their disappearance still seem curious.
They were located and have returned home.
26-year-old Tabitha Elliott went to her friends house and picked up her friend's son with the intention of taking him along with her two children for a ride.
But when they did not return home, that's when authorities were called.
Elliott and the children had not been seen since around 4 P.M. on Tuesday.
The group was joyriding when the truck Elliott was driving started acting up and broke down.
Elliott parked the truck and eventually got stuck… she and the three children-- including an 11-month-old girl-- camped out for the night.
But Elliot says she was never scared… instead, she maked the kids believe it was all just for fun.
She does say she was relief when she saw the helicopters up in the air.
"They were having fun for the most part until the brush got too thick… to them it was more of a camping trip than anything… the whole moment when I seen the choppers start circle around I was like 'finally, finally, you know, we're getting out guys, no more walking,'" said Elliott.
They were located Wednesday afternoon around three miles off of Highway 19 and Forest Road 50… in the Juniper Springs Wilderness area.
Elliott and the children were found by a Sheriff's helicopter and are all safe and have returned home.
- Aguilar Family Believes Son's Remains Have Been Found
- Body Found in Levy County has Been Identified
- Body of Missing Woman Found in Marion County
- Seniors vs. Crime Project- Have You Been Taken Advantage of?
- Treon Harris: Should He Have Been Arrested?
- Four Derby Hopefuls Have Ties to Marion County
- Marion County Homeless Children Receiving Assistance for the Holidays
- 19 Children Adopted in Marion County
- Missing Marion County Man Found in Orange County
- Lost And Found