Ocala 13 Year Old Charged As Adult, Child Psychologists Weigh In
A 13-year-old in Ocala will now be charged with attempted murder as an adult.
Yaquelin Galvez-Don is charged with conspiracy to commit murder and attempted murder, both in the first degree.
She conspired with her 15-year-old boyfriend Pedro Solis to kill her parents so the two could be together romantically.
Child psychologists at UF Health say there could have been many factors that would turn these teenagers violent, but a lack of discipline is most likely cause.
"If you're already a teenager and you've had no leash all this time, then the passions may become overwhelming," said Dr. Gary Geffken, clinical child pyschologist.
If a teenager shows repeated signs of emotional distress, psychologists recommend seeking treatment.
Pedro Solis is also being charged as adult on the same counts as Don.
- Ocala Teen Charged as an Adult for Attempted Second Degree Murder
- Deputies: 16-year-old attempted robbery suspect could be charged as adult
- One year old Ocala child falls into septic tank and dies
- Ocala babysitter charged with murder of an 11-month-old baby
- Raceway Says 15 Year Old Race Car Driver Died
- Report: 15-Year-Old Race Car Driver Broke Neck, Suffered Severe Head Trauma
- MCSO deputies searching for man who drugged and raped a 15-year-old girl
- MCSO: 26-year-old man fatally shot in the driveway of a Silver Springs Shores home
- Missing Ocala Man with Alzheimer's Disease Found
- Adult Care Center Owner In Williston Charged With Abuse & Exploitation