Ocala 13 Year Old Charged As Adult, Child Psychologists Weigh In
A 13-year-old in Ocala will now be charged with attempted murder as an adult.
Yaquelin Galvez-Don is charged with conspiracy to commit murder and attempted murder, both in the first degree.
She conspired with her 15-year-old boyfriend Pedro Solis to kill her parents so the two could be together romantically.
Child psychologists at UF Health say there could have been many factors that would turn these teenagers violent, but a lack of discipline is most likely cause.
"If you're already a teenager and you've had no leash all this time, then the passions may become overwhelming," said Dr. Gary Geffken, clinical child pyschologist.
If a teenager shows repeated signs of emotional distress, psychologists recommend seeking treatment.
Pedro Solis is also being charged as adult on the same counts as Don.
- Ocala Teen Charged as an Adult for Attempted Second Degree Murder
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Marion County Sheriff's Citizens Academy Back After 12 Years
- Adult Care Center Owner In Williston Charged With Abuse & Exploitation
- Police Officer's 3-year-old Child Drowns
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Raceway Says 15 Year Old Race Car Driver Died
- Report: 15-Year-Old Race Car Driver Broke Neck, Suffered Severe Head Trauma
- Multi-State Retail Theft Crime Ring Bust in Marion County
- Man Lying on Train Tracks Hit by Train in Marion County