Ocala Man Accused of Beating Elderly Father With Pipe, Sledgehammer
Published March 20th, 2014
OCALA, Fla. -- An Ocala man is behind bars after police say he beat his elderly father -- first with a metal pipe, and then with a sledgehammer.
On Wednesday, Ocala Police arrested Allen Croskey, 55, after he admitted to beating his 87-year-old father Ralph Croskey so badly that he thought he was dead.
Police say the two men were arguing in the carport in front of the house when Allen grabbed a pipe and began the beating.
Neighbors who live near the home where the two men lived said the son was known to suffer from some sort of a mental condition.
Online records show Allen Croskey was Baker Acted twice last year.
He is now being held in the Marion County Jail on a charge of attempted murder.
At last check, his father is listed in critical condition at Ocala Regional Medical Center. Family members say his prognosis is very grim.
- Ocala Man Beaten by His Son with Sledgehammer and Metal Pipe Dies
- Man Beats Up Two Elderly People After they Refuse to Buy Hair Clippers
- Brooker resident breaks into home and beats elderly man
- Man Accused of Overcharging Elderly Woman
- Police: Gainesville Man Accused Of Beating, Stabbing Woman
- Man accused of beating 3-year-old
- Ocala Man Beats, Stabs Dog, Neighbors Intervene
- Ocala man accused of burning neighbor's house while she was home
- Trial for Man Accused of Attempting to Rape, Murder Ocala Woman Begins
- Ocala Business Man Accused of Having Sex with Minors