Ocala Teens Try to Kill Parents
Published March 10th, 2014
Young love got the best of two Ocala teenagers, who were so desperate to be together, they tried to kill their parents who didn't approve.
13-year-old Yaquelin Galvez Don's parents didn't want her dating 15-year-old Pedro Solis.
The two teens talked about killing her parents over the phone and on Facebook throughout last week.
Late Saturday night, Don lured her mother into their garage, where Solis was waiting.
He sliced the mother's throat and then threatened to do the same to the father, who is wheelchair bound.
"This was apart of their plan. In some way, the 13-year-old and the 15-year-old decided that by killing the mother, they would be able to be together at that point."
The father convinced Solis to take his wife to the hospital.
She had life-saving surgery and is now recovering from her injuries.
The teens have been charged with conspiracy to commit murder and attempted murder in the second degree.
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Marion County Sheriff's Citizens Academy Back After 12 Years
- Unionizing At Marion County Sheriff's Office?
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Public Safety Fair
- Ocala Man Shot Twice by Sheriff's Deputy in Stable Condition
- Tentative Agreement Made Between Alachua County Sheriff's Office and Some of Its Officers
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office Saves Woman from Pasco County
- A Teen Shoots A Volusia County Sheriff's Deputy
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office