Ocala Teens Try to Kill Parents
Published March 10th, 2014
Young love got the best of two Ocala teenagers, who were so desperate to be together, they tried to kill their parents who didn't approve.
13-year-old Yaquelin Galvez Don's parents didn't want her dating 15-year-old Pedro Solis.
The two teens talked about killing her parents over the phone and on Facebook throughout last week.
Late Saturday night, Don lured her mother into their garage, where Solis was waiting.
He sliced the mother's throat and then threatened to do the same to the father, who is wheelchair bound.
"This was apart of their plan. In some way, the 13-year-old and the 15-year-old decided that by killing the mother, they would be able to be together at that point."
The father convinced Solis to take his wife to the hospital.
She had life-saving surgery and is now recovering from her injuries.
The teens have been charged with conspiracy to commit murder and attempted murder in the second degree.
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Missing Ocala Man with Alzheimer's Disease Found
- Former Marion County Sheriff's deputy killed in crash
- Ocala man accused of burning neighbor's house while she was home
- Ocala Man Shot Twice by Sheriff's Deputy in Stable Condition
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- Last Known Coordinates For Missing Plane Identified
- Parents Arrested After Son Killed By Dogs
- Rumored school shooting leaves parents concerned in Marion County
- Teen Shot and Killed in Palatka