Serious Two Car Accident Might Have Involved a Third Vehicle
Published March 17th, 2014
A serious two car accident in Marion County over the weekend might actually have been a three car accident.
State troopers say Andrew Scianti was driving his car on SW 27th Avenue in Ocala around 9:45 p.m. last night when he lost control and swerved off the road, striking a power pole.
His car overturned and a woman in his car was critically injured.
The power pole and wires fell onto the roadway and were hit by a car driven by Brenda Naranjo Padilla of Ocala, overturning her car.
Firefighters say they received calls saying this might have been a hit and run.
"Several calls came into dispatchers. One of them reported that there were three cars involved. When Marion County Fire Rescue crews arrived on scene about three minutes later, there were two vehicles that had obviously been in a serious incident," said Marion County Fire Rescue Public Information Officer Jessica Greene.
Florida Highway Patrol could not confirm the report of a third vehicle.
However, troopers say alcohol may have been a factor in the incident.
- Pedestrians seriously injured by car in Suwannee County
- Two-Thirds of Marion County Fired Teachers Hired Back
- Two teenagers in critical condition after a car accident in Marion County
- Two Struck By Train In Putnam County, One Dies
- Single Car Crash In Levy County Kills Child, Injures 5 Others
- Cattle Car Crash
- RTS Bus And Sheriff's Deputy Car Involved In Crash
- Woman Who Crashed into Bicyclist was Under Influence
- Man hit and killed in Marion County
- Inverness man killed in crash in Marion County