Small Plane Crash in Palatka
PUTNAM COUNTY- A pilot and passenger are being treated after their Cessna 400 crashed into an embankment behind a Lowes home improvement store in Palatka.
Reports the plane crashed just before 11 a.m. Friday while apparently trying to land at Kay Larkin airstrip in Palatka.
The Florida Highway Patrol says no one on the ground was injured. They say the pilot and passenger were taken to hospitals and at least one was suffering life-threatening injuries.
Palatka Assistant Police Chief James Griffith says the Cessna crashed near a retention pond, then struck pallets and other items on the ground before stopping. He says the plane was heavily damaged.
- Passenger of Small Plane in Palatka Crash Dies
- Small plane makes crash landing in Palatka
- Pilot OK After Small Plane Crashes
- Two Aboard Small Banner Plane Injured During Crash At UF
- Two Men Injured in Small Plane Crash
- Small Plane Crashes in Marion County
- Small Plane Crash in Levy County Still Under Investigation
- UPDATE: Pilot Seriously Injured In Small Plane Crash
- Small plane crashes in Gainesville
- Passenger in Palatka Plane Crash Dies