Coffee Beans, Source of New High Among Teens
Published April 3rd, 2014
GAINESVILLE-A coffee smoking craze is gaining steam online and in our area.
In their videos these bean heads appear to be enjoying the temporary high, but physicians say they may be putting their health at risk.
Coffee drinker, Robert Greer hasn't tried smoking his morning pick me up but he says he's experienced an inhaled second hand high while sitting in a coffee shop while beans were roasting.
He says getting the second high for him was the equivalent of drinking 2-3 cups of coffee very quickly.
Greer describes the experience, "you feel very alert, and you feel energetic, you talk more, you're vibrant but it never did me any harm, i didn't get any headaches or jitters or anything like that from it, it was just a lot of caffeine."
The Medical Daily Website cites side effects from smoking caffeine like: difficulty, breathing, dizziness, vomiting and hallucinations.
- Racist rant turned apology- Gainesville High teen releases new video
- Monitoring Social Media Among Teens
- New Bill Aims to Increase Financial Literacy Among Florida Students
- Sleep-Texting... Common Among New Generation
- AP Source: Obama Not Making New 'Cliff' Offer
- Local Non-Profit Opens Coffee Shop To Help Vets
- Coffee Makers Recalled by Sears
- E-mail Sent To Taylor, Bean and Whitaker Employees
- The Quest for Tenants, One Year after Taylor Bean & Whitaker
- City Leader Disagrees with how Federal Agents Handled Taylor Bean