Gainesville Police Search for Wells Fargo Bank Robber
Published April 26th, 2014
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- It was a scary few minutes for the handful of customers inside the Wells Fargo bank near the Oaks Mall in Gainesville, after a man went inside and demanded cash.
It happened around 2:20 Friday afternoon, when a white male in his 40s walked into the bank and handed the teller a note demanding cash.
Police say the man made motions to the teller, implying he was carrying a handgun -- although witnesses say a gun was never actually seen.
Security cameras inside the bank easily captured the man's face, as police say he made no effort to disguise or hide his identity.
The suspect was wearing a blue shirt and pants, and was last seen running south from the bank, in the direction of the Oaks Mall.
K-9 units and a helicopter were called to help find the man, but as of late Friday night, the man had not been located.
Terwilliger Elementary, which is not too far away from the bank, was locked down for a brief period of time as a precaution -- but that was later lifted.
If you have any information that can help identify the suspect, you're asked to call the Gainesville Police Department at 352-955-1818.
- Belleview Police Search For Bank Robber
- Ocala Police searching for bank robber
- Gainesville Police ID Bank Robber
- Gainesville Police Searching for Robber
- Marion County Searching for Bank Robber
- University of Florida Police Search For Armed Robber
- Bank Teller Accused of Helping Steal Money From Bank Customer
- Bank Robbers on the Run
- Arrested Armed Bank Robber Talks to TV20
- PNC Bank Robber Arrested