High Springs Railroad Removal
High Springs, Florida -- Main Street in High Springs will be closed all this week as Florida Department of Transportation is removing the railroad tracks and signals.
Along with removing the tracks, FDOT will also repave the roadway and repair the sidewalk.
The closure began Monday morning and is expected to reopen this Friday.
The tracks have been here for 130 years and local museum has plans for the remaining elements of the railroad.
The High Springs Historical Society & Museum want to take some of the tracks, lights and rails and place it on display at their museum.
- Plans to Remove Wild Waters in Silver Springs
- Train Derailment Spills 500 Tons Of Coal In Dunnellon
- No injuries in Dunnellon train derailment
- Polar Express Train Show Brings Back Holiday Tradition
- Two Struck By Train In Putnam County, One Dies
- Habitat for Humanity in High Springs
- First K9 Officer Joins High Springs Police Department
- High Springs Police Officer Back at Work
- Art in High Springs City Hall
- High Springs Issues Response to PBA Demands