High Springs Railroad Removal
High Springs, Florida -- Main Street in High Springs will be closed all this week as Florida Department of Transportation is removing the railroad tracks and signals.
Along with removing the tracks, FDOT will also repave the roadway and repair the sidewalk.
The closure began Monday morning and is expected to reopen this Friday.
The tracks have been here for 130 years and local museum has plans for the remaining elements of the railroad.
The High Springs Historical Society & Museum want to take some of the tracks, lights and rails and place it on display at their museum.
- Train Derailment Spills 500 Tons Of Coal In Dunnellon
- Plans to Remove Wild Waters in Silver Springs
- No injuries in Dunnellon train derailment
- Polar Express Train Show Brings Back Holiday Tradition
- Two Struck By Train In Putnam County, One Dies
- Detour in High Springs Starting Monday April 14th
- High Springs Police Department Investigations Continue, Some City Officials Disagree
- High Springs City Manager Defends Changes For Police Department
- Sexual Misconduct arrest in High Springs
- Power Outage In High Springs Affects Nearly 4,000 Residents