Latest in Home Innovations Showcased in Alachua County
ALACHUA COUNTY- Spring time is home improvement time. On Sunday, some Alachua County residents spent the day looking for ideas to spruce up their abodes.
Twenty-eight homes from all around Alachua County were shown to dozens of visitors at the 2014 Parade of Homes. Members of the Builders Association of North Central Florida put the event together to showcase the newest building techniques and neighborhood designs. Housing experts say the parade helps stimulate Gainesville's housing market.
Howe Development Corp. Owner Leigh Anne Howe said, "Both of our parade houses for Howe development are under contract so that's a positive sign. Many of the, I know the Town of Tioga houses are under contract. You have to have product in order to sell it, so the Parade of Homes is a big deal for people to show what they can do and it also puts product on the market."
The Parade of Homes will continue next Saturday and Sunday from 10 A.M. to 6 P.M.
- Parade of Homes Showcase Helps Stimulate Gainesville's Housing Market
- "10,000 Homes Initiative" Could Upgrade Homes in Alachua County
- Alachua County is Home to the Oldest Active Bomb Squad Technician in the Country
- Latest Developments In The Abuse Allegations Against Employees At Two Group Homes
- Alachua County Receives $3 Million to buy Foreclosed Homes
- Wildfire Threatened Homes in Alachua County
- Missing Alachua County Woman Found Alive Just Yards Away From Her Home
- Rebuilding Homes In Alachua County
- Technology Spotlight 3/23/10 "Celebration of Innovation Showcase"
- Alachua County Democratic Party Wants Alachua County Democratic Black Caucus Charter Revoked