Local Hunters Suggest a Potential Solution to "Bear Problem"
Published April 16th, 2014
GAINESVILLE- The Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission is working on plans to better manage bear populations in light of a recent bear attack in Lake Mary.
FWC experts say the Lake Mary attack was unusual because there were five bears together.
That is a sign that they may have been fed.
The attack provoked them to send units out that killed seven bears.
FWC Officer, Greg Workman explains, "a bear that's that highly dependent on a human food source not scared of humans very food condtioned, we cannot relocate them safely anywhere in Florida."
Other than shooting them, there are other options to getting rid of bears-- relocation or placing them in captivity.
But relocation in a densely populated state like florida would likely lead to other dangerous encounters.
- Your Health: Research Suggests Reflux May Be A Problem For Sleeve Patients
- "Emergency Solution" in High Springs
- "Sue Bear"- Missing Dog in Gainesville
- A "Cat-a-strophic" Problem
- Residents of "In the Pines" Complex Face Problems
- New Research Suggests Virtual Learning Could Soon Play Larger Role
- Zaxby's Warns Customers of Potential Fraud
- Delegate Solutions
- Doctor Shortage Solution?
- Contact Solution Recall