Police Still Looking for Man Suspected of Sexually Assaulting Teenage Girl
GAINESVILLE - Police are still looking for a man tonight they say broke into a house early this morning and then sexually assaulted a teenage girl.
Officers say the girl was home alone when Kenneth B. Smith broke in, knocked down her bedroom door, and molested her.
The girl then ran to GPD's East annex and found an officer, after a cell phone rang and distracted the man and allowed her to get away.
When speaking to neighbors we met a woman who talked to police after the event...but realized after we told her the man's name that the suspect is her son.
Regina Lewis, mother of suspect: "I would say to Kenny and anyone breaking the law is not the way out I don't agree with him breaking the law but I most definitely don't feel that he has done this. It hurts because I have daughters myself."
She says police are blaming Smith because he already has an outstanding warrant for posession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
- Williston Man Arrested After Victim Tells Police She Was Sexually Assaulted
- Man Says Devil Made Him Assault Girl According to Lake City Police
- Police Look For Three Suspects Accused Of Robbing Lake City Man
- Girl Calls Sex Hotline, Expects Sexual Assault Counseling
- Gainesville Man Arrested For Molesting Teenage Girl on Black Friday
- Witness to Sexual Assault Leads Police to Attacker
- Gainesville Police Department Launches Sexual Assault Reporting Website
- Man Jailed After Sexually Assaulting A Child
- GPD: Surveillance Video Shows Man Involved in Sexual Assault
- Man Arrested for Sexually Assaulting a Child