Registering High Schoolers to Vote at Gainesville High School
GAINESVILLE - The Alachua County Supervisor of Elections does outreach to register high school seniors to vote.
But one senior today sat on the sidelines to watch his classmates.
That's because Malcolm Clemmons has already registered to vote.
He says he has kept the card in his wallet everyday since the day he got it and says he will pull it out when we have the next election.
Malcolm Clemmons, senior, Gainesville High School senior: "make your vote count and every vote counts..the people who don't vote shouldn't try to complain so if you want your voice heard make the vote for what you believe in and what you think is right and
exercising your beliefs."
State law requires Alachua County supervisor of elections to perform outreach at high schools to register students who want to and to teach kids about moments in history that made it important to vote.
- Deadline to Register to Vote is October 9
- North Central Florida High Schoolers Remembered
- High Schoolers Build Electric Car
- High Schoolers & Flu Mist
- High Schoolers Building Bio Tech Resume
- My Brother's Keeper Program at Santa Fe Gives High Schoolers a Taste of College Life
- School Board Urges Parents To Register Kids
- Gainesville Elementary School Makes a Learning Opportunity of the Presidential Election
- A Gainesville High School Student Is Helping Other Students With Their School Uniform Needs
- Women's Voter Groups to Resume Registering Voters