Sexual Misconduct arrest in High Springs
Published April 25th, 2014
High Springs, Florida -- Investigators with the Gainesville Police Department are continuing their investigation of former High Springs Community School Behavioral teacher and former Makos Aquatics Club coach Joseph Diaz.
Diaz was re-arrested Friday on charges of sexual battery with a victim under the age of twelve.
GPD was notified by the Department of Children and Families Wednesday of another minor, a 15-year-old male, involved in sexual misconduct with 31-year-old Diaz.
Diaz befriended the victim's and engaged in inappropriate activities with them.
Investigators believe Diaz is involved in at least two other incidents where he engages in sexual conduct or promotion of involving minors.
Officer Ben Tobias, GPD: "We've already executed a search warrant, so we do have some pictures, and that's what's leading us to additional victim's. So there will be additional charges in the case for these victim's."
So far the two victim's that have come forward have had swimming lessons by Diaz.
This investigation is very much ongoing.
- Lakeland Police Department Facing Allegations of Sexual Misconduct
- Man Arrested For Sexual Battery of a Mentally Disabled Teen
- 19 Arrested in Cross-County Sexual Offender Sting Called "Operation Wrangler"
- GHS Teacher Arrested For Alleged Sexual Relationship With Student
- Court Employee Arrested For Attempted Sexual Battery
- Man Arrested For Sexual Assault
- Man Arrested for Sexual Assault Against Children
- Lake City Man Arrested for Sexual Battery on a Child
- Suspect Arrested on Sexual Battery Warrant
- Williston Man Arrested After Victim Tells Police She Was Sexually Assaulted