A Stroll Through One Belleview Neighborhood Ends in Animal Abuse Arrest
Published April 14th, 2014
MARION COUNTY- A Belleview man is in jail tonight after being arrested on charges of animal cruelty.
Witnesses say 35 year old Wayne Gibson was taking a dog out for a walk Friday night when he sicced it on his neighbor's dog.
According to Gibson's family members drugs and alcohol played a major role in the bloody fight between two otherwise friendly neighborhood dogs
Owner of one of the victimized dogs Michael Moore explains what he saw, "my family said he just walked up from the side of the tree and started fighting my dog...He couldn't do nothing he was hanging off the other side of his dog house, there was nothing he could do really."
Gibson told law enforcement that he was on the property because the dog dragged him there.
Owners of both the dogs involved say their dogs have never attacked anyone on two or four legs before the recent incident.
Gibson was jailed on a two thousand dollar bond.
- Happy Ending for Abused Dogs Rescued in Newberry
- Residents Tired of Rush Hour Traffic Speeding Through Their Neighborhood
- Man Wanted for Public Animal Abuse
- Animal Shelter Gets Agility Equipment Through Student Project
- Dog Recovering After Abuse, Owners Relinquish Custody
- Allegations of Abuse at Animal Rescue
- As Dog Recovers, PETA Offers Reward in Search for Abuser
- Two Suspects Arrested in Connection to Belleview Shooting
- Belleview Drug Bust Leads to Nine Arrests
- Sex Offenders In Your Neighborhood: One Woman's Shocking Discovery