$140,000 Worth of Marijuana and Equipment Found in Dixie County
DIXIE COUNTY - A Dixie County man was arrested after sheriff's deputies accidentally happened upon his backyard full of marijuana plants.
In pursuit of a different suspect who had run away from police on this Old Town road...sheriff's deputies followed the suspect into Buck Peterson's back yard.
And when they looked around them, they realized they had a new case on their hands.
Major Scott Harden, Dixie County Sheriff's Office: "as they were tracking it they realized they were standing in the middle of a marijuana path so they stopped tracking that suspect and then called for back up."
Peterson did post bond and has been released from the Dixie County Jail.
Once they obtained a warrant, deputies found two grow rooms inside the house, and the plants with the equiptment and packages of drugs totaled $140,000.
- Nearly $50,000 Worth Of Equipment Stolen From 4-H Farm
- $30,000 Worth of Antique Coins Stolen
- Busted! (With $100,000 Worth of Pot)
- Animal Shelter Gets Agility Equipment Through Student Project
- Synthetic Marijuana Banned in Florida
- FEMA funding denied as Dixie County continues to flood
- Marion County commissioners weigh options for medical marijuana dispensaries
- Marijuana Grow House Busted
- Some push marijuana ordinance
- Alachua County residents react to proposed marijuana ordinance