351st Military Police Company Combat Support Deployment
Published May 10th, 2014
Ocala, Florida -- Families and friends said goodbye to their loved ones on Saturday, as soldiers with the 351st Military Police Company are deploying to Afghanistan.
Hundreds came out to the Ocala-Marion County veteran’s memorial park to send off their troops.
"The Outlaws" are going overseas as part of Operation Enduring Freedom.
They will be conducting full spectrum operations including combat support.
Some soldiers have deployed numerous times, while for specialist Xavier Parter, it will be his first.
Specialist Xavier Parter, 1st deployment with the 351st military police company: "My family, they're a little nervous for me as well. They really don't want me to go but they understand what I signed up for, they know I have to do what I have to do so just go over there, complete the mission and come back safely."
The soldiers head to Texas for a few months of training, then head to Afghanistan, where they'll be for a year.
- Ocala’s 351st Military Police Company Deploy To Afghanistan
- Military Police Company Will Be Deployed
- Women in Combat, Ban Lifted
- Veterans Fair hopes to bring support to homeless vets
- Towing company supports banning 'spotters' in impounding vehicles
- Operation Rebuild
- Navy Dad Surprises Teen at High School Graduation
- City Waives Fees for Charter School
- Soldier Surprises Son in Time for Christmas
- Deployed U.S. Air Force Staff Sergeant surprises family at school