Burglary Spree Across Gilchrist County
TRENTON - A brother sister duo has been arrested in Gilchrist County for burglary - David Kleingbeil claims he did all the stealing, his sister was just the look out.
There are five houses in Gilchrist County alone Klingbeil is accused of hitting.
The burglaries span out of Gilchrist County into Columbia, Dixie, Alachua, and Lafayette.
But sheriff's deputies say Klingbeil is is cooperating...he's even pointing out the houses he broke into.
On May 8th the Gilchrist County Sheriff's Office got a report of a residence broken into here on County Road 340.
There detectives found the fingerprints of 35-year-old Tricia Klingbeil...that investigation led them to her brother who admitted to that burglary and others.
Police say both of them pawned certain items...things they are trying to recover.
Detective Julie Gironda, Gilchrist County Sheriff's Office: "we took him driving around looking for the houses...he is being very cooperative at this point and he's showing us the places, he's helping us recover some of the property that he just threw along the roadways."
Klingbeil just moved to the Trenton area in Decemeber.
He is currently being held in the Gilchrist County Jail and if convicted, so far he is facing up to five charges...all of them felonies.
The Gilchrist County Sheriff's Office is meeting with the other county heads to determine just how many more homes were broken into in the surrounding areas.
Klingbeil claims the burglaries have been happening since January and he was stealing jewelry for the most part.
- Burglary Spree Arrest
- High Springs burglary spree
- Churches Across Five Counties Hit By Over Two Dozen Burglaries
- One Man Multi-State Crime Spree Ends in Florida
- Marion County Schools go on hiring spree
- "Stuff the Bus" Making It's Way Across Marion County
- Gunman in Lake Butler Shooting Spree Left Behind a Note
- One man Putnam County crime spree
- Bomb Threat Closes Gilchrist County Schools
- Number of Deaths from Prescription Pills Down Across the State