Eastside Student Chosen For International Internship
GAINESVILLE - Along with end of the year exams and graduation, one Eastside High School student is also getting her passport ready.
Amaleah Mirti is one of only 23 students chosen from across the nation to attend an international internship after graduation.
She is going to Bejiing to study breeding plants and how that can help end hunger.
She's using her experience growing up and helping out on an organic farm to guide her studies.
Amaleah Mirti, Eastside senior: "I think the internship will be a good way to see the research end of agriculture and see the research that goes behind breeding certain kinds of plants to help with resistance against drought."
Before she was chosen, Mirti first had to make it to the World Food Prize Global Youth Institute and then was chosen among 22 others for internships around the world.
- Five Eastside High School Students Win Nasa's Student Astronaut Challenge
- Eastside Students Score High in Math Competition
- Eastside High Student Honors Boston Bombing Victims at Prom
- Eastside High Students Behind The Chopping Board
- Eastside student serves winning recipe at lunch
- Eastside High student named U.S. Presidential Scholar
- Eastside student hit by unmarked police car
- Eastside High school student earns perfect score on ACT
- Levy County Food Pantry Chosen for $20,000 From Walmart
- Alachua County Interim Manager Chosen