Family of Summerfield Man Suing Marion County Sheriff in Wrongful Death Suit
OCALA - A jury has been selected in a wrongful death case being brought against the Marion County Sheriff.
21-year-old Summerfield man Joshua Salvato was shot and killed by Deputy Lauren Miley...and the suit claims Deputy Norman Brown...who provided back up...shocked Salvato with a taser 12 times after the fatal shot.
Salvato's family filed the lawsuit for $75,000...claiming the sheriff's office violated Salvato's constitutional rights to probable cause and due process.
The trial is being held in federal court because the Salvato family filed under the United States Constitution.
A jury of 8 - 5 women and 3 men - was chosen, and Salvato's family was present in the courtroom.
There are no cameras allowed in federal courthouses.
- Marion county man found shot to death in car
- Summerfield Man Hit By Marion County Sheriff's Patrol Car
- Judge Rules MCSO Deputies Used Excessive Force on Joshua Salvato, Grants Wrongful Death Award
- Marion County Sheriff's Deputies arrest man involved in armed robberies
- Marion Co. Man Reported Missing, Family Fears for His Safety
- Investigation Continues In The Death Of A Marion County Man
- Man Lying on Train Tracks Hit by Train in Marion County
- CCSO: Man arrested again in death of infant
- Deputies Looking for Missing Woman in Marion County
- Marion County Deputy Arrested