Family of Summerfield Man Suing Marion County Sheriff in Wrongful Death Suit
OCALA - A jury has been selected in a wrongful death case being brought against the Marion County Sheriff.
21-year-old Summerfield man Joshua Salvato was shot and killed by Deputy Lauren Miley...and the suit claims Deputy Norman Brown...who provided back up...shocked Salvato with a taser 12 times after the fatal shot.
Salvato's family filed the lawsuit for $75,000...claiming the sheriff's office violated Salvato's constitutional rights to probable cause and due process.
The trial is being held in federal court because the Salvato family filed under the United States Constitution.
A jury of 8 - 5 women and 3 men - was chosen, and Salvato's family was present in the courtroom.
There are no cameras allowed in federal courthouses.
- Summerfield Man Hit By Marion County Sheriff's Patrol Car
- Investigation Continues In The Death Of A Marion County Man
- Duckett family's suit to be tried federal court
- Blair Wins Nomination for Republican Marion County Sheriff Candidate
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- Marion County Sheriffs Upgrade Stun Guns
- Marion County Sheriff's Deputy Will Not Be Getting His Job Back
- Unionizing At Marion County Sheriff's Office?
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Public Safety Fair
- Marion County Sheriff Makes "Bold" Proposal