Family of Summerfield Man Suing Marion County Sheriff in Wrongful Death Suit
OCALA - A jury has been selected in a wrongful death case being brought against the Marion County Sheriff.
21-year-old Summerfield man Joshua Salvato was shot and killed by Deputy Lauren Miley...and the suit claims Deputy Norman Brown...who provided back up...shocked Salvato with a taser 12 times after the fatal shot.
Salvato's family filed the lawsuit for $75,000...claiming the sheriff's office violated Salvato's constitutional rights to probable cause and due process.
The trial is being held in federal court because the Salvato family filed under the United States Constitution.
A jury of 8 - 5 women and 3 men - was chosen, and Salvato's family was present in the courtroom.
There are no cameras allowed in federal courthouses.
- Judge Rules MCSO Deputies Used Excessive Force on Joshua Salvato, Grants Wrongful Death Award
- Marion Co. Man Reported Missing, Family Fears for His Safety
- Marion county man found shot to death in car
- Family of Missing Disabled Man Calls in Texas Equusearch
- Summerfield Man Hit By Marion County Sheriff's Patrol Car
- Summerfield Business Owner Charged with Child Pornography
- Former Sheriff Chris Blair says he's an innocent man
- Detectives Call Ft. McCoy Human Remains Discovery a "Suspicious" Death Investgation
- Burglar Boils Little Girl's Turtles to Death
- MCSO investigates suspicious death