FDLE investigating Gainesville Fraternal Order of Police's finances
There is a criminal investigation underway into the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 67 in Gainesville.
Multiple law enforcement sources tell TV20 that the Florida Department of Law Enforcement is actively investigating allegations of misappropriation of funds at the lodge.
There are questions about why and where some of the union's dues have been spent and who had access to those funds.
A union meeting with FDLE investigators began at 6pm this evening.
There are reports a union representative from Tallahassee has been called in to talk to the members.
Law enforcement sources tell us Jeff McAdams—the president of the Gainesville chapter of the FOP—had his police powers suspended Friday, which will be in effect until the FDLE concludes its investigation.
He has not been placed on leave, though.
The Gainesville Police Department has declined to comment while the investigation is still active.
- FDLE investigating police union president
- Gainesville Police Department's New Special Operations Unit
- High Springs Police Department Investigations Continue, Some City Officials Disagree
- Gainesville Police Bring Helicopter, Canines to Show and Tell
- Gainesville Police Trying To Keep Kids Out Of Trouble
- Man Shot by Gainesville Police Officer During High Speed Car Chase
- Gainesville Police Increasing Patrols for the Holiday Season
- Gainesville Police Looking for Missing and Endangered Woman
- Demolition Day for Gainesville Police Department Building
- Retired Gainesville Police Officer Laid to Rest