GPD K9 Being Evaluated After Biting Child
GAINESVILLE -It's still unclear why a GPD K9 bit a child at Rawlings Elementary, but we have new details tonight on where the dog is.
The K9 named "Roo" bit a child's upper thigh at a carnival on Friday night.
The dog is now beinig evaluated...and GPD will go on camera once that evaluation is done.
The handler is still out on patrol without his dog.
According to GPD, the K9 handler Jeff Kerkau is an experienced officer whose done hundreds of demonstrations without incident.
- GPD Captain retires after 30 years
- GPD increasing patrols after two recent assaults
- GPD captain retires after harassment allegations
- Teachers Voice Frustration With Evaluations in Face-to-Face Meeting With Lawmakers
- Teacher of the Year Receives "Unsatisfactory" Evaluation Under New State Law
- Superintendent re-evaluates homeschool amendment
- Woman Charged With Child Abuse, After Suffocating 2-Month-Old Baby
- Marion County Man Kidnaps Child After Break-up
- Man Jailed After Sexually Assaulting A Child
- 2-year-old Child Drowns After Falling Into Septic Tank