GPD Officer Saves Teen's Life
GAINESVILLE - A mother says her son's heart stopped beating and she was so upset she thought hers might as well...but then someone walked through the door whose credited with saving 17-year-old Corey Buie's life.
Officer Andrew Bunevich started CPR as soon as he was on scene on May 4th...as Buie's heart stopped.
Doctors say the officer's initial CPR is what saved Buie's life.
Bunevich made sure Buie was ok in the weeks after, even visiting him in the hospital before he was released.
Officer Bunevich, Gainesville Police Department: "it makes me smile and still thinking about it until this day and everything that's going on."
Buie was born with a heart defect and doctors tell his mother that only 20% of people survive what Buie did.
- Teen's life remembered at Rose Parade
- Student Dies After Saving Schoolmate's Life In Crash
- MCSO deputy awarded medal after saving a Summerfield man's life
- Murdered Gainesville Teen's Case Not Cold
- Slain Teen's Brother Not Giving Up
- Teen's Birthday Wish.. Give To Veterans
- Murdered Teen's Reward Fund
- Murdered Teen's Final Moments
- Teen's Hope In Bone Marrow Transplant
- Florida Teen's Case Turns Into A Brand