GPD Officer Saves Teen's Life
GAINESVILLE - A mother says her son's heart stopped beating and she was so upset she thought hers might as well...but then someone walked through the door whose credited with saving 17-year-old Corey Buie's life.
Officer Andrew Bunevich started CPR as soon as he was on scene on May 4th...as Buie's heart stopped.
Doctors say the officer's initial CPR is what saved Buie's life.
Bunevich made sure Buie was ok in the weeks after, even visiting him in the hospital before he was released.
Officer Bunevich, Gainesville Police Department: "it makes me smile and still thinking about it until this day and everything that's going on."
Buie was born with a heart defect and doctors tell his mother that only 20% of people survive what Buie did.
- Murdered Teen's Reward Fund
- Murdered Teen's Final Moments
- Teen's Hope In Bone Marrow Transplant
- Slain Teen's Brother Not Giving Up
- Murdered Gainesville Teen's Case Not Cold
- Feds, Florida Probe Teen's Shooting by Watch Captain
- Alligator Bites Off Swimming Teen's Arm in Florida
- Florida Teen's Case Turns Into A Brand
- Postal Worker Saves Dog's Life
- Student Dies After Saving Schoolmate's Life In Crash