Handy Man Accused of Stealing Rent Money
Published May 8th, 2014
GAINESVILLE- A Gainesville maintenance man is under arrest for collecting rent from tenants... but not passing it along to the landlord.
Many Campus Walk residents are pointing fingers at their landlord, who they say should've been more careful with who he's hiring to do business.
Their maintenance man Clarence Davis, who was sometimes responsible for collecting rent, is accused of pocketing their cash totaling more than 18-hundred dollars.
Campus Walk Resident, Eric Garvin says, "as far as I'm concerned my rent was paid for that month and there shouldn't be any problem between me and the landlord."
After the landlord--Armando Desirello-- repeatedly tried contacting Davis about the money with no success, he called police.
Neighbors that were targeted are not being asked to repay for this month's rent.
- Gainesville Man Accused of Stealing Vehicle, Possessing Counterfeit Money
- Bank Teller Accused of Helping Steal Money From Bank Customer
- Deputies: Man Accused Of Stealing Nearly $50,000 From His Workplace
- Man Accused of Stealing Friend's Car
- Gainesville Man Accused of Stealing Reptiles
- Power Hungry, Gainesville Man Accused of Stealing Electricity
- Ocala Woman Accused of Stealing $53,000 In Checks
- Columbia County Sheriff's Employee Accused Of Stealing $100,000
- Putnam Co. Beekeeper Accused of Stealing Bees, Honey From Competitors
- Correctional Officer Accused of Stealing Hundreds of Identities