K9 Service Dogs Honored with Monument
Published May 31st, 2014
They guard those who guard the rest of us: K9s.
Today, they were recognized at the Kanapaha Veterans Memorial Park in Gainesville.
This new K9 monument was dedicated to all K9 service dogs, from all agencies.
Scott Campbell, part of the K9 committee, and his sister came up with the idea a year ago and have been collecting donations ever since.
Campbell says this is the first monument in the community to be funded entirely by donations.
"This monument will serve to remind people of the contribution that they make. Like it says on the front of the monument, they serve to protect us," said K9 committee member Scott Campbell.
The statue was modeled after Dukan, a bomb sniffing dog who detected explosives.
- The Ocala Marion County Veterans Memorial Park
- Veterans Memorial Park's New Landmark
- Korean War Vets Honored for Service Ahead of Veterans Day
- Kanapaha Park Vandalized, Flag Stolen
- Alachua County honors veteran in National Medal of Honor Day
- Memorial Service Alachua County
- Chef Elmo Memorial Service: Sunday, Aug. 9
- Funeral and Memorial Services Announced for Somer Thompson
- Former Gator Larry Travis Remembered at Memorial Service
- Memorial Day Service in Ocala