Little Girl Who Dies Waiting For Heart Transplant, Is Honored During Concert
Published May 9th, 2014
GAINESVILLE - Tonight one little girl gets to watch from heaven.
An 8 year old who passed away waiting for a heart transplant, was honored with a special performance by the Gainesville orchestra tonight.
Musical director Evans Haile received the rights to do the world premiere orchestral suite from frozen and the orchestra is dedicating the performance to Brianna Medina.
Haile says Medina loved the movie frozen and saw it nearly 30 times. "Music and the arts are restorative… They have great healing powers, they get us through a lot of things in our life. And the reality is that Brianna really believed that and she loved this movie," Haile said.
Family members released a statement on Facebook that reads, and I quote "Amidst our sorrow, we find peace in knowing that Brianna is at peace, in the loving hands of god, where there is no fear or pain."
- Eight Year Old Passes Away While Waiting For Heart
- Shands Support Group Throws Prom for Heart Transplant Patient
- Gainesville Chamber Orchestra Premieres Frozen
- Gainesville Orchestra Plays Disney For Kids
- Young Heart Disease and Transplant Survivors Come Together at Picnic
- Purple Heart Group in Gainesville Honors Late Soldier
- Heart Transplant Patient Has New Lease on Life
- Three suspended for paper waiting list at Gainesville VA
- Gainesville VA leaves thousands waiting
- Gainesville Chamber Orchestra