Memorial Day Tribute in Dixie County
Dixie County, Florida -- A Memorial Day tribute was held Monday for former Dixie county sheriff's captain Chad Reed.
Reed was shot and killed at a Dixie county gas station back on January 14, 2010.
His family and those who worked with reed have held a tribute for him the past two years.
Before becoming a captain with the sheriff's office reed was the director of emergency management and was on the Cross City fire department.
Members of the Citizen on Patrol of Dixie county helped lead the tribute today.
They say Reed worked closely with them.
He was the liaison between the C-O-P's and the sheriff's office, so he made sure they got all the equipment they needed.
Everett Hicks, C.O.P: "He was a God fearing man. He loved the Lord and his community. He loved his country, very patriotic. He loved his family and was very instrumental in promoting a lot of good things."
Chad Reed left behind his wife Holly Reed and two boys.
Holly Reed says the community has been very supportive.
- Law Enforcement Memorial pays tribute to fallen officers
- Dixie County's Aaron Thomas and Shaquille Mitchem Win High School Play of the Year Day 3!
- Alachua County Libraries Closed On Memorial Day
- Memorial Day Service in Alachua County
- Memorial Day Weekend Picnic
- Memorial Day events happening around North Central Florida
- Tips For Traveling On The Road... Memorial Day Weekend
- More Travelers By Car Than by Plane, This Memorial Day Weekend
- Memorial Day Weekend Boating
- Memorial Day Events Cancelled