North Central Florida Remembers the Fallen
GAINESVILLE- As the three day weekend for some comes to a close...people around North Central Florida thanked the people who made this weekend possible.
At the Memorial Day service at Forest Meadows in Gainesville...veterans from wars spanning decades...their families...and those who wanted to pay tribute gathered for the celebration.
And even those who had never seen combat came to pay their respects.
Reminding us that even those youngest in the crowd want ways to celebrate people who came before them... and died for them.
The Milton Lewis Young Marines helping these kids learn about the military.
David Sowell, Milton Lewis Young Marines - "the program had a great impact on me and I kinda want to join the marines now I've always been patriotic but I wasn't sure what branch I was gonna go in."
Hundreds attended the celebration.
- North Central Florida Honors Fallen Soldier
- Two North Central Florida Families Have Their Fallen Marines Memorialized
- North Central Florida Remembers Nelson Mandela
- North Central Florida High Schoolers Remembered
- Remembering Fallen University of Florida Student
- How Is North Central Florida Impacted by National Propane Shortage?
- North Central Florida Residents Monitor Rising Water Levels Along the Santa Fe
- Schools Across North Central Florida Begin FCAT Testing
- Another Case of Meningitis in North Central Florida
- FDLE Raids Three Internet Cafes Across North Central Florida