Ocala’s 351st Military Police Company Deploy To Afghanistan
GAINESVILLE - The mission never changes-- but the service members do.
Several busloads of U-S Army soldiers from Ocala’s 351st Military Police Company were at the Gainesville regional Airport Sunday. This is just one stop on their long journey to combat duty in Afghanistan.
The Gainesville Police Department was present to say goodbye to one of their own. Officer Jeremiah Kelly, is the company’s First Sergeant.
Captain Douglas Worstell said, "I can see they’re looking for adventure, they’re nervous, they’re excited, they’re a little scared… But to be honest with you we’ve conducted a lot of training to this point and we’re about to do some follow up training in Fort Bliss and I feel really confident in my leaders and my soldiers and we’re prepared to execute this mission.”
First sergeant Kelly is a senior enlisted man and in-charge of over 250 soldiers overseas.
- 351st Military Police Company Combat Support Deployment
- Military Police Company Will Be Deployed
- Local Troops Leave North Central Florida
- Purple Heart Group in Gainesville Honors Late Soldier
- Gainesville honors fallen soldiers
- Soldier Surprises Son in Time for Christmas
- Florida National Guard's 100th Deployment Ceremony Since September 11
- 100 Deployments From The Florida National Guard Since 9-11
- Soldier from Melrose dies in Combat in Afghanistan
- NCF Soldier Dies In Afghanistan