Sheriff's Deputies Say Chiefland Man Used Kids to Help Him Steal
LEVY COUNTY - In a modern day Oliver Twist...Levy County sheriff's deputies say a Cheifland man was using kids to help burglarize homes.
Deputies have arrested 36-year-old Brad Shipley...claiming he stole over $10,000 in hunting items.
Deputies say he made two kids - 12 and 13 - in his neighborhood help him...and told them they would go to jail if they told on him.
One kid told their mom and Shipley remains in the Levy County Jail on an $810,000 dollar bond.
Some of the items stolen were guns, fishing poles, and knives.
Neighbors say because of the thefts, they have started a neighborhood watch program.
- Ocala Man Shot Twice by Sheriff's Deputy in Stable Condition
- Judge Rules MCSO Deputies Used Excessive Force on Joshua Salvato, Grants Wrongful Death Award
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Deputies find man shot in leg
- Man leads deputies on chase
- Deputies search for missing man
- Man leads deputies on chase; drugs and child in vehicle
- Man Says Devil Made Him Assault Girl According to Lake City Police
- Help Identify This Man
- Deputy Robert Lundy Awarded Florida Sheriff's AssociatIon Law Enforcement Officer of the Year