Summer Meals Program Starts June 9th
GAINESVILLE - The summer meals program will begin soon as the school year wraps up...and leaders say they are expecting an increase in the number of hungry kids in Alachua County over the break.
Any child qualifies for the program...they do not have to be on free and reduced status.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided Monday to Thursday over the summer, with limited locations on Friday.
Parents need to register and then can bring their kids to any of the 31 locations around the county providing the meals.
There's an app called nutrislice where parents can easily access the locations.
Caron Rowe, Alachua County Food and Nutrition Services: "nutrislice is an app they can download the app to their phone put in their zipcode and they are able to find out the feeding site thats closest to them."
The summer meals program will start on June 9th.
For more information on the locations, and to sign up for the meals visit this website: http://www.acpsfood.com/
- Summer Meal Program Begins...
- Summer Journalism Institute Program
- Summer Heatwave Program Tries To Reach 1,000 Kids With The Help Of Crowdfunding
- Summer Heatwave Hoping To Double Program Size
- Summer Heatwave Program Begins
- Local Summer Program Hopes To Keep Teens Out Of Trouble
- Summer Program Hopes To Keep Kids Out of Trouble
- Summer School Program Changed
- School Board Keeps Summer Program
- Fewer Kids enrolled in EDEP Summer Program