Talbot Elementary Student Sets 5k World Record
GAINESVILLE - She's breaking running world records as she aspires to be a running olympian...and she is only 10 years old.
Talbot Elementary student Ani Veltcheva set the 9 and under 5k world record...beating the record by 18 seconds.
The 4th grader says her favorite part of running is meeting new friends...and making new goals.
And also beating the fifth graders.
Ani Veltcheva, 10 years old: "I always tired to keep up with him because he was always faster so I tried to get as many as him and he beat me by 7 miles last year and this year I am trying to beat his record."
That record is 617 miles in one year.
- Talbot Elementary Fitness Fair
- Elementary School Students Learn About Bike Safety
- Crist Sets Fundraising Record
- GRU Sets Record for Energy Used in Winter
- Confrontation at Elementary Student pick up line
- 300 UF Students Volunteer At Gainesville Elementary Schools
- UF Students Make-over Duval Elementary
- Alachua Elementary Students Honor Veterans
- Students At Local Elementary School Receive A Different Lesson
- Gainesville Makes Big Splash in Record-Breaking Swimming Lesson